To ensure you have a pleasant, rewarding experience at our studio, we ask you to please observe the following guidelines when attending classes at Downward Dog:
- While in the studio, please refrain from using your phone. As a courtesy to your fellow students, we ask that you have your cell phone off and away, please do not leave it on "vibrate".
- Allow yourself some time to sign in and get ready for class. Arrive 15 minutes early.
- Yoga is best practiced on an empty stomach. Wait about three hours after a large meal, two hours after a light snack before practicing.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, i.e. runny nose, cough, or fever, please refrain from coming to class.
- Wear comfortable, lightweight clothing that is flexible and non-binding, such as shorts, t-shirts, and stretchy workout wear. Yoga requires freedom of movement; be prepared to sweat.
- Always inform the teacher and assistant(s) of any injuries or restrictions before class begins. Your instructor should be aware of any serious health conditions such as neck, back, or joint injuries, recent surgery, high blood pressure, pregnancy, etc.
- If you would prefer not to be assisted during class for any reason, communicate this with the instructor and/or assistant.
- For the comfort of others, please refrain from wearing perfume or cologne.
- Students are asked not to adjust the temperature in the studios. Instructors are responsible for regulating the thermostat, fans, as well as studio windows.
- If you must leave class early, please place your mat near the door at the start of class. Try to rest a few minutes in savasana (corpse pose) at the end of your practice and leave before the rest of the class enters savasana to avoid disrupting their resting time.
- Our instructors always appreciate knowing ahead of time when you intend to leave early.
- After class, please help us to maintain a tidy practice space by returning all props (blocks, straps, blankets, etc.) to their proper place.
- Please do not enter the practice room while the door is closed. If you are waiting to enter the next class, remain in the reception area and speak quietly. All those in savasana thank you!
Thank you ~ Namaste